Top 10 Airline Companies In USA
List of top 10 airline companies in USA (United states of America). These airlines provides services like air transportation and many others in US.
|Top 10 Airline Companies In USA|
List of top 10 airline companies in USA (United States Of America). This airlines list is based on the revenue that they generated last year. These are the 10 best airline companies in US in which people like to travel because statistics shows that. So enjoy the list of top 10 airlines comapnies in America.
(1) SouthwestCustomer Service is #1 for us. We like to think of ourselves as a Customer Service company that happens to fly airplanes. From booking your trip to the moment you deplane, it’s our mission to make your travel experience a great one.With an extensive network, we serve more than 90 destinations throughout the United States, Mexico, and the Caribbean. Combined, we operate more than 3,800 flights a day including more than 500 roundtrip markets.Not only do we offer wallet-friendly fares at southwest.com, we also stand by our policies to not to nickel-and-dime like “the other guys.” First and second checked bags still fly free1 on Southwest-operated flights (yep, that includes skis and golf bags), plus we don’t charge change fees.
|Founded||16 March, 1967|
|Headquarters||Dallas, Texas, USA|
(2) Delta AirlinesWhat started as a humble, little aerial crop dusting operation called Huff Daland Dusters in 1924 has now grown into one of the world’s largest global airlines, helping more than 160 million travelers get to the places they want to go to each year.Delta strives to conduct its operations in a socially and environmentally responsible manner and gives back to the communities it serves.
|Founded||1928 in Monroe, Louisiana, USA|
|Headquarters||Atlanta, GA, USA|
(3) United Continental Holdings, IncUnited is focused on being the airline customers want to fly, the airline employees want to work for and the airline shareholders want to invest in. World’s most comprehensive global route network, including world-class international gateways to Asia and Australia, Europe, Latin America, Africa and the Middle East with non-stop or one-stop service from virtually anywhere in the United States.A modern fleet which is the most fuel-efficient among U.S. network carriers (when adjusted for cabin size).Industry-leading loyalty program that provides more opportunities to earn and redeem miles worldwide.Optimal hub locations, including hubs in the four largest cities in the United States.More than 84,000 employees reside in every U.S. state and in countries around the world.
|Company||United Continental Holdings, Inc|
|Founded||October 1, 2010|
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
(4) American Airlines Group, IncOn Dec. 9, 2013, AMR Corporation and US Airways Group Inc. announced the completion of the companies’ merger to officially form American Airlines Group Inc. (NASDAQ: AAL).American Airlines Group is the holding company for American Airlines and US Airways. Together with American Eagle® and US Airways Express, the airlines operate an average of nearly 6,700 flights per day to more than 330 destinations in 54 countries from its hubs in Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix and Washington, D.C. The American Airlines AAdvantage® and US Airways Dividend Miles programs allow members to earn and redeem miles for travel and everyday purchases as well as flight upgrades, vacation packages, car rentals, hotel stays and other retail products. American is a founding member of the oneworld® alliance, whose members and members-elect serve 981 destinations with 14,244 daily flights to 151 countries.
|Company||American Airlines Group, Inc.|
|Founded||December 9, 2013|
|Headquarters||Fort Worth, Texas, United States|
(5) US Airways Group Inc.US Airways is a major American airline brand owned and operated by American Airlines Group. It operates an extensive international and domestic network, with 193 destinations in 24 countries in North America, South America, Europe and the Middle East. The airline is an affiliate member of Oneworld and utilized a fleet of 343 mainline jet aircraft, as well as 278 regional jet and turbo-prop aircraft operated by contract and subsidiary airlines under the name US Airways Express. The carrier operated the US Airways Shuttle, a US Airways brand which provided hourly service between Boston, New York City and Washington, D.C. As of October 2013, US Airways employed 32,312 people worldwide and operated 3,028 daily flights (1,241 US Airways Mainline, 1,790 US Airways Express) Roughly 60% of US Airways flights were operated by US Airways Express.
|Company||US Airways Group Inc.|
|Headquarters||Tempe, Arizona, USA|
(6) JetBlueJetBlue Airways Corporation (NASDAQ: JBLU), stylized as jetBlue, is an American low-cost airline and the 5th largest airline in the United States. The company is headquartered in the Long Island City neighborhood of the New York City borough of Queens, with its main base at John F. Kennedy International Airport. It also maintains a corporate office in Cottonwood Heights, Utah. The airline mainly serves destinations in the United States, along with flights to the Caribbean, The Bahamas, Bermuda, Barbados, Colombia, Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, Grenada, Jamaica, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago, and many more. As of August 2015, JetBlue serves 91 destinations in the U.S., the Caribbean, South America, and Latin America.
|Headquarters||Forest Hills, New York City, New York, United States|
(7) Alaska Air Group IncFor over 75 years Alaska Airlines, and the people who make us who we are, have been guided by integrity, caring, ingenuity, professionalism, and a unique spirit. A spirit that was has grown out of our geographical roots.We are product of our history and the amazing people found throughout it. Today, that product looks like a long list of aviation milestones, paired with countless stories of people going above and beyond to help others.All of these milestone, good deeds, and community involvement have grown us from a small regional airline to an international carrier. With more than 17 million customers a year, our route system spans over sixty cities and 3 countries. Our fleet of Boeing aircraft is one of the most modern in the industry and gives us our reputation for outstanding service.
|Company||Alaska Air Group Inc|
|Headquarters||SeaTac, WA, USA|
(8) Express JetHeadquartered in Atlanta, ExpressJet is the world’s largest regional airline with 8,500 aviation professionals, an average of 1,600 daily flights and an all-jet fleet of 317 aircraft. ExpressJet operates as American Eagle, Delta Connection and United Express to serve more than 180 airports in the U.S., Bahamas, Canada, Cayman Islands, Mexico and Turks and Caicos Islands.“Safety first” isn’t a buzz phrase at ExpressJet, it’s a culture that we take seriously every day, every flight. We put safety first in all we do.
(9) SkyWest, IncSkyWest, Inc. was named one of "America's Best Employers" by Forbes in 2015 and was Air Transport World's Regional Airline of the Year in 2014. SkyWest, Inc. is the holding company for two scheduled passenger airline operations and an aircraft leasing company and is headquartered in St. George, Utah. SkyWest's airline companies provide commercial air service in cities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean with more than 3,300 daily flights and a fleet of 662 aircraft. SkyWest Airlines operates through partnerships with United Airlines, Delta Air Lines, American Airlines and Alaska Airlines. ExpressJet Airlines operates through partnerships with United Airlines, Delta Air Lines and American Airlines. SkyWest is headquartered in St. George, Utah, and continues to set the standard for excellence in the regional industry with unmatched value for customers, shareholders and its nearly 20,000 employees.
|Founded||September 8, 2005|
|Headquarters||St. George, Utah, USA|
|Industry||Air Transportation, Aircraft Leasing|
(10) Spirit AirlinesSpirit Airlines (NASDAQ: SAVE) is the ultra-low cost airline of the Americas and Home of the Bare Fare. Spirit’s fares are unbundled; they simply reflect the cost of taking customers to their destination without any extras. Every customer gets Frill Control: the ability to choose what perks and options they’d like to add to the Bare Fare, independent of the choices of other passengers. Structuring fares this way allows every passenger a chance to fly for less than any other airline. Spirit’s Fit Fleet is one of the youngest flying and is one of the most fuel-efficient in the industry. This innovative approach grows the traveling market and stimulates new economic activity while creating new jobs. Spirit currently operates more than 250 daily flights to over 50 destinations within the U.S., Latin America, Caribbean and Canada. For more information, head to Spirit.com.
|Headquarters||Miramar, Florida, United States|